The US Open 2015 takes place between 31st of August and 13th of September at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York. This article lists the TV channels that broadcast the US Open 2015 matches and explains how to watch them live online.
The US Open is one of the oldest tournaments in the World and takes place on hard court. Having slightly less friction and producing lower bounce compared to other hard courts, the tournament is ideal for serve-and-volley players. Another particularity of the forth Grand Slam of the year is related to tiebreaks. Unlike the other three Grand Slam tournaments, US Open has tiebreaks in every set, including the decisive set.
The defending champions are Marin Čilić, the winner of the Men’s Singles, and Serena Williams, the winner of the Women’s Singles. Will they defend their titles in 2015? What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Back to the 2015 edition, the tournament schedule is the following:
- Monday, August 31 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Tuesday, September 1 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Wednesday, September 2 – 2nd Round (Men and Women)
- Thursday, September 3 – 2nd Round (Men and Women)
- Friday, September 4 – 3rd Round (Men and Women)
- Saturday, September 5 – 3rd Round (Men and Women)
- Sunday, September 6 – Round of 16 (Men and Women)
- Monday, September 7 – Round of 16 (Men and Women)
- Tuesday, September 8 – Quarter Finals (Men and Women)
- Wednesday, September 9 – Quarter Finals (Men and Women)
- Thursday, September 10 – Women’s Semifinals
- Friday, September 11 – Men’s Semifinals/Mixed Doubles Final
- Saturday, September 12 – Women’s Final/Men’s Doubles Final
- Sunday, September 13 – Men’s Final/Women’s Doubles Final
The results and other news regarding the tournament are available online on the US Open official site. Additionally, here are some other useful links for all tennis fans:
US Open 2015 TV Broadcasters list
US Open is a one of the most popular sports events all over the World and there are plenty of channels that broadcast the matches live. You may find below the list of the official broadcasters:
|United States||ESPN, The Tennis Channel|
|United Kingdom||Sky Sports, Eurosport|
|Belgium||Eén, Canvas, Eurosport|
|Canada||TSN, TSN HD, TSN2, RDS, RDS2|
|Germany||Eurosport, Sky Germany|
|Netherlands||Eurosport, Eurosport 2|
|Russia||NTV Plus, Eurosport|
How to watch US Open 2015 online
US Open 2015 is also streamed live online. Here are some channels you may access to watch the matches:
- Official US Open site – only available within United States.
- ESPN – for US residents only.
- SuperTennis – for Italian users.
- SKY Go – for UK residents.
- TSN/RDS – for Canadian residents.
- SSR/SRG – for Swiss residents.
- Eurosport Player – subscription based.
Another option is to use SopCast for accessing TV channels on your computer or Android devices. After the installation, start the application and look for a TV channel that broadcasts US Open. The quality of the transmission may not be ideal, but it is better than nothing.
How to unblock restricted channels to watch US Open 2015
As expected, the sites that stream US Open are restricted to users located in certain areas, as specified above. But, there are solutions to bypass these restrictions. For example, if you are Italian and travelling in Asia, you may still get access to SuperTennis channel by using a VPN or a DNS service.
If you are willing to pay for a subscription you should go for Eurosport Player, if available in your country. As far as I know there are localized versions of Eurosport Player for UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Russia, Czech Republic, Finland, Romania, Poland and they all broadcast US Open 2015 matches.
Another good alternative is to unlock Official US Open site or ESPN using VPN or SmartDNS services. Basically you need to get access to server located in United States and trick those sites to see you as US residents. You may find below a list several good options for both VPN and DNS services:
|ibVPN / ibDNS||VPN and DNS||$7.95/month|
|PureVPN||VPN and DNS||$9.95/month|
Please feel free to share other VPN or DNS services that you use to unlock restricted websites.
If you are a tennis fan you will surely want to watch US Open live. As explained above, there are plenty of options to do so both on TV and online, even if you are travelling in a country where the tournament is not televised. Enjoy!
P.S. Who are your favorites? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!