Wimbledon is the third of the four Grand Slam tennis events of the year – the other three being the Australian Open, French Open and US Open. This article lists several ways to watch Wimbledon 2015 live on TV and online.
The 129th Wimbledon Championship takes place between 29th of June and 12th of July at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London.
Novak Djokovic is the defending champion in the men’s single after last year win against Roger Federer after a 5 set fantastic match: 6-7(7-9), 6-4, 7-6(7-4), 5-7, 6-4 . Will Federer be able to break the record of the most wins and be champion for the 8th time in 2015? What do you think?
In the women’s single Petra Kvitová is the defending champion. Will Serena Williams win this year? Or will Eugenie Bouchard, the last year runner-up, win her first Grand Slam title? We will see, while enjoying the tournament.
Back to the 2015 edition, you may find the tournament schedule, news and other related info online on the Wimbledon Championship site:
The French Open or Roland Garros (offically named Les internationaux de France de Tennis, Roland Garros) is my favorite Grand Slam of the year and I can’t wait to see the players in action. This post explains how you can watch the matches live online and on TV.
The 114th edition of Roland Garros takes place between 24th of May and 7th of June on outdoor clay courts. It consists of events for professional players in singles, doubles and mixed doubles play.
Rafael Nadal is the defending champion in the men’s single after last year win against Novak Djokovic. The 2014 victory made Nadal the first player to have won 5 consecutive Roland Garros titles. That is fantastic! Will Nadal succeed in winning the his 6th title? What do you think?
In the women’s single Maria Sharapova is the defending champion. The last year final against Simona Halep, the new rising star in women tennis, was really interesting. Will Serena Williams win this year? Or will Simona Help win her first Grand Slam title? We will see, while enjoying the tournament.
Back to the 2015 edition, the tournament schedule is the following:
- Sunday, May 24 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Monday, May 25 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Tuesday, May 26 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Wednesday, May 27 – 2nd Round (Men and Women)
- Thursday, May 28 – 2nd Round (Men and Women)
- Friday, May 29- 3rd Round (Men and Women)
- Saturday, May 30 – 3rd Round (Men and Women)
- Sunday, May 31 – Round of 16 (Men and Women)
- Monday, June 1 – Round of 16 (Men and Women)
- Tuesday, June 2 – Quarter Finals (Men and Women)
- Wednesday, June 3 – Quarter Finals (Men and Women)
- Thursday, June 4 – Women’s Semifinals
- Friday, June 5 – Men’s Semifinals/Mixed Doubles Final
- Saturday, June 6 – Women’s Final/Men’s Doubles Final
- Sunday, June 7 – Men’s Final/Women’s Doubles Final
The US Open 2015 takes place between 31st of August and 13th of September at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York. This article lists the TV channels that broadcast the US Open 2015 matches and explains how to watch them live online.
The US Open is one of the oldest tournaments in the World and takes place on hard court. Having slightly less friction and producing lower bounce compared to other hard courts, the tournament is ideal for serve-and-volley players. Another particularity of the forth Grand Slam of the year is related to tiebreaks. Unlike the other three Grand Slam tournaments, US Open has tiebreaks in every set, including the decisive set.
The defending champions are Marin Čilić, the winner of the Men’s Singles, and Serena Williams, the winner of the Women’s Singles. Will they defend their titles in 2015? What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Back to the 2015 edition, the tournament schedule is the following:
- Monday, August 31 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Tuesday, September 1 – 1st Round (Men and Women)
- Wednesday, September 2 – 2nd Round (Men and Women)
- Thursday, September 3 – 2nd Round (Men and Women)
- Friday, September 4 – 3rd Round (Men and Women)
- Saturday, September 5 – 3rd Round (Men and Women)
- Sunday, September 6 – Round of 16 (Men and Women)
- Monday, September 7 – Round of 16 (Men and Women)
- Tuesday, September 8 – Quarter Finals (Men and Women)
- Wednesday, September 9 – Quarter Finals (Men and Women)
- Thursday, September 10 – Women’s Semifinals
- Friday, September 11 – Men’s Semifinals/Mixed Doubles Final
- Saturday, September 12 – Women’s Final/Men’s Doubles Final
- Sunday, September 13 – Men’s Final/Women’s Doubles Final
Most of those using BitTorrent or other file-sharing tools know that VPN can be used to protect their online identities and hide their real location. But, there is more to it than simply subscribe to a VPN service! I am going to give you some important tips you need to consider when you want to anonymize your downloads with a VPN. Learn about BitTorrent VPN!
What do you need to encrypt your torrent traffic and hide your downloading activity?
Yes, you need a VPN service! Basically, a VPN encrypts the communication between your computer and a server (that is in custody of the VPN provider). Next, the VPN server passes the traffic to the desired target in such a way that the target does not know the identity of the source. By using a VPN while connecting to a P2P network your real IP address is not be seen in the network thus you can not be identified as the source or the target of a certain download.
There are many VPN services on the market but only several are truly suitable for anonymizing your BitTorrent downloads. Here are the features you have to have in mind when you pick your service:
- Servers in torrent friendly countries. Even though there are VPN services (like PrivateInternetAccess or HideMyAss) that say that they allow P2P/torrent activities on all their servers, the truth is that only servers located in certain countries are safe for torrent downloads. For example, you would not want to download a movie using the US or UK server, but you are safe by connecting to a server in Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Czech Republic or Romania. Thus, my advice is to choose a VPN service that provides access to at least 3-4 of the locations listed above.
- Unlimited bandwidth. When you download files through a VPN you need unlimited bandwidth. Don’t choose a VPN provider that charges you by traffic, otherwise, you will have unpleasant surprises after a night of heavy downloading.
- Kill Switch mechanism. You certainly need a fail-safe mechanism, in order to make sure that your IP address is not exposed in case the connection to the VPN server fails for certain reasons.
- Speed. Of course, you need significant download speed, preferably close to your regular Internet connection. The speed depends on many factors including the location of the servers, server load (the number of users connected on the server), etc. Thus, it is difficult to know which VPN service provides the best speed for you before you test them. The good news is that the providers listed below are top providers and there are good chances to find at least one high-speed server you may use.
Following the article about watching Formula 1 online in 2015, this blog post presents the best options for enjoying MotoGP online in 2015.
The 2015 MotoGP season consists of 18 races, starting in Qatar in 29th of March and ending in Valencia on 8th of November.
You may find below the complete calendar and the updated standings:
How to watch MotoGP online
There are several options available when you want to watch MotoGP online on your computer or mobile device. Take a look below and find the one that suits you best:
- Option 1: Get access to an Internet broadcaster (like BT Sport or Fox Sport Go). Take a look to the MotoGP online broadcasters list below. If the streaming site is not available in your location (most of them are geo-restricted, meaning that are available only for Internet users from certain countries) than you may use VPN or SmartDNS services (read more about them below).
- Option 2: Use SopCast to access TV channels that broadcast the MotoGP races. SopCast works on Windows, MacOS, Linux and Android. It is not a solution for your iPhone or iPad.
- Option 3: Access streaming sites that broadcast directly the TV channels. Simply search on Google the name of the TV channel you would like to watch and you will find sites that stream it online. Usually the transmission quality is poor, depending on several factors like the number of users and the Internet connection.
Have you heard about TOR but you don’t quite understand what is it? The following infografic explains how TOR works, why you should use it and how to get started.
Important facts from the infografic:
- Tor prevents online tracking. Your traffic passes at least 3 servers before reaching the destination. The route is changing every 10 minutes.
- Data is encrypted in the Tor network.
- Data is protected from hackers.
- Tor can circumvent firewalls.
- Tor comes with a free, pre-configured browser.
Important note! Tor network and Tor site are under constant surveillance from NSA and other intelligence agencies, as reported several times in the news. As of December 2014, NSA documents show little success in breaking Tor, but it is reasonable to believe that they will continue to try. You should be aware of this when using Tor!
This article presents the best options to watch Formula 1 online in 2015: from accessing TV channels using SopCast to unlocking geo-restricted streaming sites using VPN or Smart DNS services. Thus, you may enjoy the F1 races from your computer or mobile devices.
In 2015 new regulations have been introduced regarding the minimum weight of the cars, front-and-rear suspensions, the number of power units allowed to be used during the season, the design of the car nose and several others. Thus, other teams and drivers may reach some technological advantage and challenge the Mercedes supremacy. Hopefully, it will be an interesting season with exciting races.
The 2015 Formula 1 season consists of 21 races (2 more than 2014 season), starting in Australia on 15th of March and ending in Abu Dhabi on 29th of November 2015.
Before we start, here are some useful links for all F1 fans:
How to watch Formula 1 online
There are several options available when you want to watch F1 online on your computer or mobile device. Not all of them are good and reliable, but, sometimes, when you don’t have access to a TV, a poor transmission is better than nothing. Take a look below to the proposed solutions (the best ones are listed first):
- Option 1: Get access to an Internet broadcaster (like BBC iPlayer or NBCSports). Take a look to the list below. If the streaming site is not available in your location (most of them are geo-restricted, meaning that are available only for Internet users from certain countries) than you may use VPN or SmartDNS services (read more about them below).
- Option 2: Use SopCast to access TV channels that broadcast the F1 races. SopCast works on Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Android. It is not a solution for your iPhone or iPad.
- Option 3: Access streaming sites that broadcast directly the TV channels. Usually, the transmission quality is poor, depending on several factors like the number of users and the Internet connection.
From time to time, top VPN providers offer free accounts of their premium packages with access to full service and support. This December, ibVPN comes with a great giveaway: 100 free accounts for 1 month of their top of the line package, Ultimate VPN (VPN+SmartDNS). All you have to do is to get enlisted and you may be one of the lucky winners.
How to get an ibVPN free VPN account?
It’s really simple!
Step 1. Go to ibVPN Facebook page or on the ibVPN giveaway dedicated page.
Step 2. Sign up to the giveaway list (Click on “Sign me up” button).
Step 3. Wait. 100 winners will be announced on 23rd of December. If you are one of the winners you will get a notification email. [continue reading…]
If you like to watch movies or shows online you probably know that some of the best channels are locked to users located in certain countries. Take for example Hulu, one of the most popular streaming sites, that is accessible only in the United States.
There are several ways to bypass these restrictions, including VPN and DNS services. If you are interested only in unlocking channels than go for a DNS service (aka SmartDNS) as it provides the best speed, which is vital for enjoying the online streaming.
This article explains what SmartDNS is when you need it and how to install/uninstall it. Further, a useful list of SmartDNS providers is included.
What is SmartDNS
SmartDNS is a technology that allows the access to blocked streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu or BBC iPlayer. Basically, it tricks geo-restricted websites to see you as you were in the appropriate location.
To get more technical, the term Smart DNS describes a DNS (Domain Name Server) that directs clients to a proxy server for a predefined list of websites and services. A connection between a device (desktop or mobile) and the website which contains the blocked content is established via the proxy server. The proxy server plays the role of the middleman and in order to be able to unlock the desired website or channel has to be located within the approved areas (for example, in order to unlock Netflix the proxy has to be located in the US). [continue reading…]
SmartDNS providers offer important discounts every year during December (the same way VPN providers do – check XMAS VPN coupons). If you want to enjoy watching movies on Netflix or Hulu during Winter Holidays then SmartDNS is the best choice to unlock them from outside US.
What is SmartDNS?
SmartDNS is a technology that allows people to access blocked websites like Netflix, Hulu or Pandora. The best feature of this technology is that, unlike VPNs, there is no speed loss. The streaming works at the same speed as your regular Internet connection. If you want to find our more info on SmartDNS take a look here.
SmartDNS Promotions December 2014
This post lists the SmartDNS discounts available during December 2014 and it will be updated regularly in order to add new promotions.